There are various ways to install a tank and different requirements for each type of tanks, but below is a basic guide to help you with your tank installation.
Round Tank Installation
- On a flat level site, build a well compacted 75mm sand base, with diameter 500mm larger than the tank’s base, and a retaining beam to prevent erosion.
- Install a flexible suction hose, at least 300mm long, after the gate valve, to reduce stress on the tank wall. IMPORTANT: Poly pipe is NOT suitable as it is too rigid.
- Direct overflow away from the base, and ensure it has more capacity than the sum of the inlet pipes.
- If you’re fitting the tank to a tank stand, ensure the spacing of the hardwood decking is a maximum of 20mm.
Slimline Tank Installation
Slimline tanks must be installed on a concrete slab.
- Lay a level concrete slab at least 100mm deep, and 50mm wider than the base of the tank. Place a layer of reinforcing mesh 25mm from the bottom.
- Make sure all the corners of your formwork are filled with concrete, and there are no air pockets under the surface of the slab.
- Smooth and level the top of the slab, then finish with a timber or steel trowel.
- Remove the Slimline temporary wheel system when tank is in position.
NOTE: If you don’t follow these instructions when installing your tank, you will void your warranty.
For more information, please contact your nearest Plastek Water Products specialist.